Chao Pinhole Technique—Allen, TX
Fast & Painless Gum Recession Treatment
Many patients who come to see us have developed gum recession, in which the soft tissues of the mouth have actually started to pull away from the teeth. This cannot only affect the overall look of the smile, but it also makes the teeth more vulnerable to decay, because the sensitive roots are exposed to bacteria and plaque. In the past, gum surgery was the only way to fix this problem, but fortunately, Dr. Fatima Robertson is now able to offer a much gentler, yet just as effective solution. The Chao Pinhole Technique allows her to quickly and comfortably treat gum recession in a single appointment without surgery, saving a patient the time and discomfort usually associated with a traditional gum graft.
How Does the Chao Pinhole Technique Work?
Whether someone’s gum recession is due to periodontal disease, physical trauma, or genetics, the Chao Pinhole Technique is consistently able to deliver fantastic results. With a traditional gum graft, a small piece of tissue is harvested from a patient’s mouth and used to replace the receded gums, which isn’t exactly a pleasant experience. Using the Chao Pinhole Technique, however, Dr. Robertson is able to achieve the same quality results without a patient experiencing swelling, bleeding, or excessive tenderness afterward. The procedure itself is quite simple:
- A small hole, literally the size of a pin, is placed into the gums near where they have receded. A patient barely feels this as it is done.
- Using a special dental instrument, Dr. Robertson gradually massages, stretches, and repositions the gums into a more desirable/healthy position over the teeth.
- And that’s it! The gums are not stitched into place like with a gum graft, and a patient will be able to see results the same day as treatment. The hole itself will quickly heal, perhaps even overnight.
The Benefits of the Chao Pinhole Technique
Compared to traditional gum graft surgery, the Chao Pinhole Technique offers several advantages:
- Because the procedure is so non-invasive, a patient experiences virtually no discomfort while in the chair. Often, anesthetic isn’t even necessary.
- Healing time is minimal, and a patient will have practically no post-treatment symptoms like pain, swelling, and bleeding.
- Results can be seen in the chair on the same day as treatment, and a few days afterward, it won’t look like anything was ever wrong with the gums in the first place!
Is the Chao Pinhole Technique Right For You?
If you have gum recession or an uneven gum line, the Chao Pinhole Technique might be exactly what you need to achieve a healthy, attractive, and confidence-boosting smile. You can learn a little more about the procedure here, and if you have questions and would like to speak to our team, please give us a call any time.